Get Nebraska Growing
On Friday, June 13, Governor Ricketts announced additional details for the Economic Development Grant Programs designed to provide relief to individuals and businesses impacted by Covid-19. The grant programs, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis, include the following.
Small Business Stabilization Grant
1. Nebraska-owned business with 5 to 49 employees as of March 13, 2020, that has
closed or sustained a loss of revenue or employment. All industries are eligible
- Finance and insurance
- Management of companies and enterprises
- Educational services
- Public administration
- Lobbyist and political organizations
2. The grants can be used as working capital to pay for operational expenses to help
sustain the business during the economic downturn or preparing it to bounce back.
3. Will provide minimum grants of at least $12,000.
4. Applications will be accepted from June 15, 2020, through June 26, 2020.
1. Nebraska livestock producers with 1 to 10 employees that have closed or sustained a
loss of revenue or employment since March 13, 2020. Eligible industries include:
- Beef cattle ranching and farming
- Dairy cattle and milk production
- Hog and pig farming
- Poultry and Egg production
- Sheep and goat farming
2. Nebraska livestock producers must have at least 20 animal units.
3. Two-thirds of gross income must come from farming or ranching.
4. Will provide minimum grants of at least $12,000.
5. Applications will be accepted form June 15, 2020, through June 26, 2020.
Gallup Business Leadership Training Grant
1. This grant program is designed to provide Nebraska business leaders with the
training to achieve organizational goals and drive organic growth through human
development. Management teams will participate in a 30-week online course to learn
techniques for leading teams through unprecedented challenges while preparing for
a strong future.
2. Nebraska businesses with 500 or fewer employees in industries eligible for the
Nebraska Advantage Act are eligible for this grant program.
3. Applications will be accepted from June 22, 2020, through July 2, 2020.
For additional information on the programs as well as the links to apply, visit the Get Nebraska Growing website at https://getnebraskagrowing.nebraska.gov. You can also reach out to Bland & Associates, P.C. for additional information on these programs.